Traditional New England home design conjures up images of colonial architectural, coastal cottages, and historical furnishings. Thankfully, these influences are going strong today, giving our region a distinctive, picturesque feel unlike anywhere else.
When we’re building a luxurious new custom home or renovating an older home in the upscale Fairfield County, CT and Westchester County, NY towns we serve, it’s a fun challenge to pay homage to history while including state-of-the-art functionality for today’s living.
– We incorporate home automation that controls security, indoor climate, entertainment systems, and more, creating a “smart home” in a way that veils the technology so as not to disrupt the traditional aesthetics.
– Today’s wide selection of fixtures, hardware, flooring, tiling, moldings, doors, windows, and lighting allows us to infuse just the right style throughout the home. Many clients look for a blend of contemporary design with traditional New England feel, and the finishes help us achieve that.
– Since today’s homes are generally much larger than those of generations ago, we create spaces that flow together even if there’s variety in interior design styles.
– It’s a thrill when we can use reclaimed materials for historical appeal, creative reuse, and environmental impact.
– Exterior planning includes harmonizing hardscape and landscape features, entry gates, pools, and additional structures on the property.
The New England-style homes we build may be stunning colonials with gables, cedar shingles, natural field-stone, and coffered ceilings, but they can behave much like a contemporary, high-tech New York City penthouse! The home pictured above is one of our favorite examples of a new, custom home that blends tradition with modern living. See more photos here.